Thursday, April 21, 2011

Kookies for Kaile a.k.a. Sugar for Sugar



 I spent some time with a friend of ours, Debbie, and she mentioned that she was heading to Vegas this week to visit her sweet granddaughter, Kaile, also know by her grandma as "Sugar." My girls and Kaile are friends and try to get together whenever she comes here to visit.






As soon as I heard Debbie was heading over, I immediately knew we wanted to send some cookies as a gift for Kaile and her family....

...and c'mon! Perfect title for a blog post...lol!!



After talking a little more with Debbie, we established that Kaile likes pink and that she would be happy with some cookies that reminded her of Maui. I decided to stick to some bright complementary colors like the yellow and blue and some fun shapes like the little whale and the sun. I also finally got to use some of the yellow ribbon roses I made a while back and thanks to Loren of The Baking Sheet and one of her latest video tutorials on piping leaves , I got to try out some leaves for myself. (Love Loren...shes awesome! Check her out!) That was fun and now I have a new technique to play with :) I think these are a perfect fit for a special little girl :)

Debbie and her husband Dave hadnt gotten a chance to taste our cookies yet, so I cut out some minis for some samples for them...okay, maybe not "some"...more like a lot!! I always am amazed how many minis can come from just a little bit of dough!!










I went with pink and straight edges for the Tahitian Vanilla Bean and Yellow with curves for the Lemon Poppy Seed. Then I added come dots to some and some flowers to the others with the brush embroidery technique...which you know we love! I put some minis in a jar and added some ribbon...adorable!!

The cookies headed off to Vegas...I hope Kaile loved her gift :)



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! Of course she loved them, what little girl wouldn't?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...