Thursday, June 16, 2011

It's Graduation Time!

Its's summer and that means its also graduation season! Lots of parties, celebrations and that means...lots of cookies!! These 2 parties called for lots and lots and lots of cookies...mini cookies that is!!

First up, a close friend of ours Kekai, graduated from high school and was having his 2nd of 3 parties, this one on the island of Moloka'i. His awesome mom, Jill, asked us to make some gifts for a few grads as well as thank you gifts for others she wanted to give out. Those consisted of pineapples and hibiscus...no picture of those...you guys have seen enough of those Im sure! (Although, even though there are no pics of them this time...there still may be more pics of others next time!) Jill also asked us to make some minis to go on the dessert table and this is what Anjell and I came up with. The colors of his school (and my old high school as well :) are white and blue. Also both his first and last name start with K.





Then there was my son :) Our little guy graduated from pre-school. He only went a month or so...but hey! It was still a graduation with a ceremony, certificates, luncheon and everything :) The weekend before the big day my family and I were on a much needed mini vacation at a nearby hotel so I wasnt going to be near my oven and able to make the dessert that I just so happened to sign up to bring. Oops! But not to worry, Anjell was so kind as to do them for me :) And she did an amazing job. I knew I wanted just some primary colored, simple shaped  minis but she suggested doing letters and numbers since its was for pre-school! I loved the idea and they came out great!! It was funny going to her house that morning to pick them up. It was as if I had made a order from our own company...lol!! 

Here's the bottom layer of the platter. I love how the triangles fit together so well!


My husband and I tried to keep them all nice and pretty but there were so many we had to just get them on the platter the best we could. Here's the full platter...


And then, here's a close up. LOVE this picture!! Thank you to my husband for taking this one!! And thank you to Anjell for making them for us!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...